FIREPROOF Curried Carrot Soup
Spring is typically a time of growth and fresh starts, with peaceful rain showers and warm afternoon sun. For Florida, this is usually true. But, what’s also usually true is Florida’s very inconsistent springtime weather, which can also lead to inconsistent cravings. Luckily, this super soup recipe is for all seasons. Whether craving something warm while it’s raining outside or something chilled while it’s hot and sunny, this curried carrot soup will have you covered. This curried FIREPROOF-based soup is a very nutritious, simple and light soup, with a little kick to it. It contains three main ingredients that help fight inflammation in the body: turmeric, black pepper and ginger.
Turmeric contains curcumin, among others curcuminoids, which has excellent medicinal benefits, including anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants. Moreover, black pepper can help increase turmeric’s nutritional value, as it can help in our bodies’ absorption of turmeric. Ginger, another wonder ingredient, has very similar medicinal properties as turmeric, in addition to being able to help improve with arthritis and stomach issues.
2 tbsps olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, cubed
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 ½ pounds carrots, cleaned and peeled
1 jar of FIREPROOF
2 tsps lemon juice
- Pick a medium to large pot and heat olive oil.
- Saute garlic cloves and onion for about 4 minutes until softened in the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add only FIREPROOF broth. Save the leftover vegetable pieces.
- Once the broth is boiling, add the carrots and let cook for about 30-45 mins until carrots are soft, but not mushy.
- Add the rest of the vegetables from the soup in the pot to cook with everything else once the carrots are cooked.
- Let the soup cool to room temperature. To fasten the process, place the soup in the refrigerator. Then, add lemon juice when at room temperature.
- Put the soup in a mixer or food processor and blend until smooth. You also have the option to leave the soup “chunky.”
- To store and (be ecologically sustainable), reuse the FIREPROOF jar!
- Can enjoy hot or chilled, as you please! Enjoy!