SWEET CHI Vegan Banana Bread
Vegan Banana Bread with SWEET CHI
Whether its bread, cake, cookies, or a unique concoction of whatever’s left in the pantry, baking seems to be the thing to do right now. Baking provides a fun and comforting activity for the day and can make us feel productive, even if we are embracing the couch-potato lifestyle all day. One of the most delicious and simple things to bake is banana bread, with its sweet but not-too-sweet taste and the warm feeling of comfort it brings. Try out this vegan banana bread recipe that incorporates SWEET CHI for some extra moisture and spice – a different and new twist on a classic favorite. This simple recipe is easy to make and incorporates one of our favorite soups!
- 1 ¾ cups flour (whole wheat, all-purpose, or gluten-free)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup SWEET CHI (can be substituted with coconut oil, vegetable oil, melted vegan butter, or applesauce)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large overripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- ½ cup chocolate chips (non-dairy)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease your pan (oil or vegan butter)
- In a medium sized bowl, mash bananas, add SWEET CHI and vanilla extract and mix.
- In another medium-sized bowl, add flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix. (add cinnamon, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips to this mixture)
- Combine the two well-mixed bowls. If the mixture seems too thick or clumpy, more almond milk can be added.
- Pour batter into your pan. Bake for about 50 min to 1 hour, until desired golden-brown color.
- After removing from oven, let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!