Protein Packed Potstickers
Japanese, Malaysian, Thai: I will eat any Asian cuisine (if it’s vegan, of course). To avoid ordering in everyday, I decided to make one of my favorite starting dishes: Vegetable Potstickers! I picked up an array of colorful veggies at my local farmer’s market and ordered an aha LUCKY BONES broth online. With these products, and some inspo from https://www.cilantroandcitronella.com/vegan-potstickers/, I transported my taste buds to the East!
25 vegan wonton wrappers* (Link in bottom)
Half an white onion, chopped
2.5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 carrot, grated
1 cup chopped cabbage
4 tablespoons of LUCKY BONES, divided
1/2 cup chopped green onions
Salt and pepper to taste
Water for steaming
1/4 cup SWEET CHI
- First I made the wonton wrappers; this took a bit, but nothing beats the self- gratification of making a whole meal from scratch. Also, my grocery store did not carry vegan wonton wraps.
**If you do make homemade wonton wrappers make sure they are very thin, mine turned out a bit thicker and doughier!
- Next step is to simmer the white onion & white part of the green onion for about 2 minutes, then add garlic and 2 tablespoons of LUCKY BONES. Then after 5 minutes add the cabbage, the rest of green onions and the carrots. Make sure cabbage is soft, but not soggy!
- After, let your vegetables cool enough for you to fill your wonton wrappers. Place a teaspoon of filling in your wonton wrappers, wet edges with water and press down to seal.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of LUCKY BONES in pan and add the potstickers and fry until golden brown. Add 1/4 cup of water, cover the pan and reduce heat to medium. Allow to steam until the tops are tender and the water has evaporated - about 2 to 3 minutes. Fry until browned to your liking
- Remove Potstickers from pan and serve!
(Optional) Heat up ¼ cup of SWEET CHI in already heated pan & add some garlic, heat for 4-6 minutes and use as dipping sauce!
With Pure Intentions,
Angela Del Rossi
*Wonton Link https://www.cilantroandcitronella.com/vegan-wonton-wrappers/