Not sure if you’re feeling sweet or savory today? It happens. Thanks to this butternut squash, caramelized onion, and cinnamon-spiced dream dish, you don't have to decide.
Simple and wholesome ingredients make this recipe easy to scale up or scale down. You can enjoy this warm, hearty meal cozied up by the fireside or you can bring it to a dinner party to satisfy your friend’s taste buds and their New Years resolutions.
Not only is this dish delicious, but it also contains ingredients that can help your body from the inside out. Onions and garlic belong to the same plant group that boasts anti-blood clotting qualities, prebiotic fiber, and high antioxidants, all of which research suggests contribute to lower cancer rates, a healthy microbiome, and lower cholesterol. aha Pure Foods roots these underground veggies in our line of soups to bring these benefits to you in every spoonful.
For a dish that has SWEET, spice, and everything nice, look no further. You’ve found something made for the most extreme cravings and the simplest nutritional needs.
4 Sweet potatoes
1 tsp salt (optional additional seasonings: paprika, turmeric, garlic)
16 oz Jar SWEET CHI
Optional Additions: Cinnamon, Pecans, chives, nutritional yeast, brown sugar, granola
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 25-30 mins at 400 degrees on a baking sheet. This initial bake is to soften the potatoes making them easier to dice for the next part.
- While the potatoes bake, begin to caramelize the onions. Place chopped onion, salt, and any other seasonings in stovetop pan on medium heat, cover with a lid. The salt is important to help draw the liquid out of the onion and allow it to caramelize, rather than steam. This process may take up to 10-15 mins depending on the water content of onion. Keep a watchful eye as there is no oil; the onions may burn.
- Uncover the pan and continue to stir until water reduces and onions caramelize, turning from translucent white towards golden brown. In addition, take out the SWEET CHI from the fridge allowing for it to come to room temperature.
- Once the sweet potato timer goes off allow them to cool for a few minutes before peeling and slicing into triangles or any other desired shape. Onions should be complete at this point, as well.
- Combine sweet potatoes and caramelized onions into a large pyrex baking dish, preferably one with a lid. Pour 2 cups of SWEET CHI (16oz jar) over top and mix in.
- Be creative and make it personal with toppings! Combos may include: cinnamon & pecans, chives & nutritional yeast, granola & brown sugar
- Bake for another 20-30 mins at 400 degrees until it reaches your desired texture.
Love & Pure Intentions,
*I mention a slow caramelization process that uses no oil, but feel free to experiment and use your own method.
Sweet Nutrition Facts Below;)
Sweet Potato: https://draxe.com/sweet-potato-nutrition-facts-benefits/